Police Nab Suspects in Oakville and Burlington Pharmacy Robberies
Two suspects - from Burlington and Hamilton - are locked up and facing 49 charges following two pharmacy robberies — the most recent one in Oakville.
Suspect images were released and Halton police identified a vehicle believed to be involved in the Shoppers Drug Mart robbery along Third Line on Sept. 18.
Investigators allege the same suspects held up a Shoppers store at 3023 New St. in Burlington on June 22.
The tactical unit executed a search warrant at a home on Mount Forest Dr. in Burlington early Thursday after two men were arrested on Sept. 20.
Officers seized two replica guns, prescription narcotics, and clothing linking both suspects to the drugstore robberies.
Both men are accused of possessing a variety of drugs — namely opioids and cocaine.
Dylan Loshaw, 19, of Hamilton, and Abdollah Abdulmajid, 37, of Burlington, are facing dozens of charges including: robbery using a firearm; forcible confinement; pointing a firearm; uttering threats; disguise with intent; and possession of controlled substance.
The suspects have been held for bail.
Anyone with information is asked to phone Det. Barry Malciw with 2 District’s criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2218 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Oakville laying off more than 800 part-time staff in response to COVID-19