Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) and Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a man suspected of murdering Cpl. William McIntyre nearly 36 years ago.
On the evening of April 21, 1984, the body of 33-year-old William McIntyre was found inside his apartment at 1300 Marlborough Crt in Oakville. The victim had a gunshot wound in his head.
Cpl. McIntyre had eleven years of service working undercover with the OPP.
Police said the suspected murder was committed while McIntyre was off-duty and just before he was intending to travel to Kingston for a work assignment.
“Despite an exhaustive investigation into the murder, his case remains unsolved,” said HRPS. “In early 2020, a Joint Force Homicide Team was formed to continue the investigation, involving members of the Halton Regional Police Service and the OPP.”
“Investigators are hopeful that the reward will encourage witnesses to come forward with information that will generate new leads.”
The $100,000 reward is payable in Canadian funds and expires in April of 2021, said Halton Police.
Any person with information is asked to contact the “Halton Regional Police - McIntyre Homicide Team” at 905-825-4777 ext. 8969 or the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- City of Burlington redesigns some services as province eases COVID-19 restrictions
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- UNSOLVED MURDERS: William McIntyre was Found in his Oakville Apartment
- UPDATE: Murder charges laid in Edmund Ferrari homicide
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Murder Suspects
- Halton Police search for suspected vehicle involved in Ryan Lorde homicide