Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport
Police are on scene at Pearson Airport following an aircraft incident.
Shortly before 11:00 p.m., Peel police announced they were assisting partners at the airport with a WestJet aircraft that partially slid off the runway.
Police told insauga.com that, while the aircraft was driving to the terminal after landing, its front wheel slid off the runway and into the grass (which might be snow covered at this time).
At this point, the nose of the plan is still off the runway.
No injuries have been reported, but passengers are still on the plane.
Police say crews are trying to get it back on the runway and to the terminal.
UPDATE: According to police, after examining the aircraft it was determined that the front wheel did not leave the runway but was instead stuck in snow. The aircraft was freed from the snow and moved to the gate on its own power.
- Ontario says more heath providers can reopen including dentists, optometrists
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Rainfall advisory issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 703 total cases found in Halton