Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport
Police are on scene at Pearson Airport following an aircraft incident.
Shortly before 11:00 p.m., Peel police announced they were assisting partners at the airport with a WestJet aircraft that partially slid off the runway.
Police told insauga.com that, while the aircraft was driving to the terminal after landing, its front wheel slid off the runway and into the grass (which might be snow covered at this time).
At this point, the nose of the plan is still off the runway.
No injuries have been reported, but passengers are still on the plane.
Police say crews are trying to get it back on the runway and to the terminal.
UPDATE: According to police, after examining the aircraft it was determined that the front wheel did not leave the runway but was instead stuck in snow. The aircraft was freed from the snow and moved to the gate on its own power.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland