Police Searching for Suspect Who Defrauded Burlington Cashier
Halton Police are searching for one suspect who allegedly defrauded a cashier in the City of Burlington.
On Dec. 22 2018, according to police, a male suspect went to the Towne Shoes located at 900 Maple Ave. in Burlington.
Police say the suspect defrauded the cashier of $98.30 through a quick-change scheme.
The suspect is being described by police as a black male who is in his late 30s. According to police, the suspect is approximately 5’10” and 175 lbs. Police say the suspect was wearing a black jacket, black sweater, a white t-shirt, dark jeans, and dark shoes.
The suspect is also wanted in connection with another incident that happened in Burlington. Police say the same suspect allegedly, on Dec. 17, 2018, went to the DSW store located at 3091 Appleby Line in Burlington.
Police say the suspect went to the cash register with a pair of children’s socks. The suspect allegedly handed the cashier a $100.00 bill. Police say he confused the cashier who handed him back $97.90 and his $100.00 bill. The cost of the socks was $5.06. The suspect then left the store.
If you have any information about either incident, contact Cst. N. Dabas #7915, Retail Theft Unit, 30 Division, 905-825-4747 Ext. 2351 or Naresh [dot] Dabas [at] haltonpolice [dot] ca. Or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Emille Shoes Incident in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Incident at Canadian Tire in Burlington
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Shoplifting Incident at Hudson’s Bay in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Oakville Superstore Incident
- Police Searching for Suspect After Groceries Stolen in Milton