Police Seek Roots Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
Two women are being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of items from a Burlington mall.
“I don’t believe this to be a one-off,” said Const. Naresh Dabas from the retail crime unit.
“I’m hoping somebody can recognize them and let us know.”
The alleged incident took place on July 2 at Mapleview Centre.
The suspects went into the Roots store at 11:30 a.m.
“They had large bags,” said Dabas.
Three items were lifted - two tank tops and a pair of joggers - with a total value of $145.
The suspects were speaking Spanish or Portuguese, said Dabas, adding they’re possibly part of a South American theft ring.
“They’re probably professionals and they’ve done it before, and I’m sure they’ll do it again,” said Dabas.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- Driver caught going more than 100 km over the speed limit in Oakville
- Police Seek Walmart Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Suspects Sought Following Shoplifting Incident at Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Police Seek SportChek Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Police Searching for Lululemon Bandits in Burlington Theft
- Meat Theft in Burlington Has Police Beefing Up Search for Suspects