Police Seek Sephora Shoplifting Suspect in Oakville
A woman - perhaps with perfectly cleansed skin - is being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of items from a luxury cosmetics chain in Oakville.
“I think it’s organized retail crime because she’s done it twice,” said Const. Naresh Dabas from the District Response Unit which is focusing on retail crime as Halton police are cracking down on shoplifting across the region.
“She goes into the store and goes right for the product.”
The product the suspect is accused of stealing?
Two electric face brushes — the Foreo Luna mini 2 — from the Sephora store at Oakville Place on Aug. 29 at 5:53 p.m.
The suspect selected and concealed two brushes “and she immediately left the store without making any attempts to pay,” said Dabas.
Each brush is valued at $159.
Investigators allege the woman is responsible for another incident involving the same item at Sephora on Aug. 12.
The cleansing brush is marketed as being 99.5 per cent effective at removing dirt, oil, and dead skin, and exfoliating without irritation.
This is the Luna mini case police are investigating in as many weeks.
Two men are accused of stealing the same item in Oakville and Burlington, also at Sephora.
The woman is described as Asian, 30, standing 5-foot-4 with shoulder-length brown hair with short bangs.
She has brown eyes and was wearing a navy blue hoodie with “Pink” written on the back, a white T-shirt, black pants, and a white purse.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Image courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Burlington Cyclist vs. Driver Debate Ignites
- Sephora Shoplifting Suspects Sought in Oakville and Burlington
- Halton Police Investigating Apple Store Theft in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspects After More Than $10K Stolen From Sephora in Burlington
- Police Investigating Apple Store Theft in Burlington
- Suspect Sought After More Than $1K Worth of Fragrances Stolen from Sephora in Burlington