UPDATED: Police Seek Suspect Stealing From Small Businesses in Oakville and Burlington
A suspect is targeting small businesses in Oakville and Burlington and stealing staff member’s personal belongings, say Halton police.
“Four businesses have been reported as hit — three in west Oakville,” said Det. Autumn Mills.
Over the past three months various businesses in busy plazas - such as hair salons, dental offices, and massage parlours - have been victimized.
The suspect would casually attend businesses, police allege, and interact with employees as though he was a client.
When the opportunity presented itself, the male would enter the staff room where the employee’s purses and belongings were kept and steal cash and gift cards.
"In terms of dollar amount — estimated at about $2,500 at this point," said Mills.
"One of them he got $1,500 from and then the various other ones were a couple hundred dollars ..."
Two of the incidents took place at Bronte Rd. and Dundas St., while another was at Bronte Rd. and Lakeshore Rd. W.
The fourth incident was in the Mainway and Walkers Line area in central Burlington.
On one occasion, the suspect was seen getting into a newer model four-door silver Jeep Wrangler with a black hard top, however, no licence plate was obtained.
The man is described as black, 45-to-55-years-old, standing 5-foot-10 with a heavy build. He’s bald with a distinctive dark moustache.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Autumn Mills of the 2 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2285 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip 201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington
- Can You ID This Burlington Suspect for Halton Police?
- Halton Police Look to ID Bike Thief Suspect
- Halton Police Investigating Christmas Eve Gas Station Robbery in Oakville
- Can You ID This Suspect for Halton Police?
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Recent Break and Enters in Burlington and Oakville