Police Seek Suspected Hoodie Thieves in Oakville
A pair of suspects - perhaps on that gym life - with a getaway vehicle are being sought by Halton police in connection with the theft of clothing in Oakville.
“I don’t believe this is a one-off," said Const. Naresh Dabas from the district response unit which is focusing on retail crime as Halton police are cracking down on shoplifting across the region.
“They knew exactly where to go, what to grab.”
The incident took place on Jan. 2 at the Nike Factory Store at 3509 Wyecroft Rd. at 6:36 p.m.The suspects came in and went to the men’s apparel section, selecting three styles.
They picked up two dark grey full-zip hoodies with a Nike swoosh, with a total cost of $129.98.
Finally, two light grey full-zip hoodies with a black swoosh were chosen, worth $129.98 combined.
The items are valued at $409.93 in total.
“They both then waited for a group of customers to head out,” said Dabas.
When the doors opened, investigators allege, they immediately ran out without paying for the merchandise.
Store employees tried to chase the young men but “that Civic was waiting right at the curb,” said Dabas.
“These guys got into the passenger side and then they took off.”They’re described as male, white, 18 to 21.
The first suspect was standing 5-foot-10, weighing 150 to 170 pounds. He was wearing a black winter jacket with a fur-lined hood and a striped hoodie underneath. He also had on grey sweatpants with black and white Nike sneakers.
The second suspect was wearing a black and grey hoodie with grey sweatpants, white and grey shoes, and a black toque.
They arrived - and left - in an older model silver Honda Civic.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Youth charged with attempted murder in attack on elderly Oakville resident
- Police Seek Suspected Baby Formula Thieves in Oakville
- Police Search for Suspects After $15K Worth of Cosmetics Stolen in Burlington
- Suspect Sought Following Shoplifting Incident at Polo Ralph Lauren Store in Halton Hills
- Police Seek LCBO Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Police Seek SportChek Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington