Police seeking assistance in identifying suspect connected to fatal shooting in Burlington
Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) is still investigating a shooting that occurred this afternoon (July 10) in Burlington left one person dead and one in hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Shortly after 1 p.m., HRPS was called to a shopping plaza on Plains Road East in relation to a shooting. Upon arrival, HRPS discovered two people suffering from gunshot wounds. One person succumbed to their injuries at the scene, while the second was transported to hospital.
According to reports from witnesses, the suspect, who has not yet been identified, fled the scene westbound on Plains in a grey Infiniti.
Due to the investigation, which is still on-going, Plains is closed in both directions from King Road and Waterdown Road. Drivers are instructed to avoid the area, while residents can expect a heavy police presence in the area.
Police are urging anyone with dashcam and/or commercial or residential surveillance footage from the area between 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to contact them by calling HRPS at 905-825-4777, or the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously by calling Halton Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or visiting their website.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through part of Halton
- Burlington transit users will be asked for name, phone number as services resume
- Black Lives Matter mural to be painted in front of Burlington City Hall
- It's going to be a blistering hot week in Halton
- Police find 35 bottles of meth at Burlington residence
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Police identify victims of double homicide shooting in Oakville
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Burlington
- Halton police investigating a fatal shooting in Georgetown