Police Seeking Suspect After Two Oakville Apartment Buildings Broken Into
Police are appealing to witnesses and members of the public as they investigate two break-ins that recently happened in Oakville.
Shortly before 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 24, police say a lone male was caught on security camera entering an apartment building by prying open a side door.
“Once inside the building, the male attempted to use a grinder saw to access the tenant mailboxes, the superintendent office and an underground garage,” police say. “The suspect was unable to access those locations or the mailbox.”
The suspect then allegedly pried open a vending machine in the building’s lobby and stole beverages.
About an hour later at 5:10 a.m., the suspect was seen on camera entering another apartment building in Oakville, where he again attempted unsuccessfully to gain access to the building superintendent office and the mailboxes.
The suspect is described as a white man, around 30 to 35 years old, 5’10 to 6’0, with a slim build and dark hair. He was wearing black pants, a black hoodie with a white zipper, white shoes, an army green camouflage hat, and was carrying a grey backpack.
Witnesses to these incidents and anyone else with information is asked to contact police at 905-825-4747 ext. 2278.
Photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Oakville youth arrested for "swatting" incidents
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Multiple Break and Enters Across Halton
- Police Looking for Suspect in Break and Enter at Oakville Burger King
- Suspect Sought After Attempted Break and Enter in Burlington
- UPDATED: Police Searching for Carjacking Suspect in Oakville
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Shoplifting Incident at Hudson’s Bay in Burlington