Police Seeking Suspect Vehicle in Connection with Oakville Sexual Assault
Police are appealing to the public for help in discovering the identity of a driver of a vehicle that police are seeking in connection with a sexual assault investigation.
The Halton Regional Police force's Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit detectives are working to identify the driver of a vehicle that was reportedly parked in the Warminster Drive area, south of Bridge Road, on Aug. 2 between 2:45 and 6:00 p.m.
Police report that between the hours of 3:10 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., a teenaged female was walking on the sidewalk in the area when she was approached and accosted by an unknown male. The victim alleges she was forced into a parked vehicle on the west side of Warminster Drive and sexually assaulted.
Police say the victim was left on the roadway after the attack.
According to police, the suspect vehicle is described as a small and sporty four-door black SUV.
The vehicle was observed on west side of Warminster Drive, on the gravel shoulder, south of Bridge Road at Brook Valley Park. The vehicle may have had its hazard lights on while parked.
It is unknown if this vehicle is involved in the assault, but detectives would like to speak with the driver.
Police are asking the occupant of the vehicle or anyone else with any information regarding the vehicle, to contact Detective Constable Ross Amore of the Halton Regional Police Service Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit at 905-825-4777, ext. 8973.
When reports of the attack emerged early in August, police said no similar incidents had been reported to officers.
Members of the public are reminded to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to police immediately.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Delays expected after train collides with vehicle in Oakville
- Upcoming teachers' strike to affect multiple school boards in Ontario
- Suspect Sought in Oakville Sex Assault
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Police Seeking Witness Following Sexual Assault Incident in Burlington
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Sexual Assault Incident in Oakville