Police seize loaded gun during house party investigation in Mississauga
A firearm has been seized and one person arrested following a recent incident in Mississauga.
Around 6:12 a.m. on Saturday, March 14, officers responded to reports of a person with a firearm at a residence in the area of Huntingfield Drive and Glenn Hawthorne Boulevard.
“Investigation revealed that an altercation occurred at a house party at which point, a firearm was seen,” police say. “There was no evidence that a firearm had been discharged and no reports of any injuries being sustained.”
Police seized a loaded, semi-automatic handgun.
23 year old St. Catharines man Joshua Shirley was arrested. He is charged with Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, Possession of a Loaded Firearm, and two counts of Failing to Comply with Release Order.
Shirley attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on March 14, 2020 for a bail hearing.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Burlington council votes to eliminate income tax penalties amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to provide financial assistance during school and child care closures amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
- Milton Man Charged After Police Locate Drugs and Loaded Firearm
- Oakville Man Facing Firearm Charges After Crashing into Tree
- Firearm and Weapon Charges Laid Against Burlington Resident
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville