Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
A Halton Police officer issued an unusual ticket on Saturday, according to a recent tweet from Cst. Marc Taraso.
Taraso stopped a distracted driver on Saturday, May 18 on Trafalgar Road in Oakville.
Taraso says he wrote on the ticket: “Driver was making duck lips while taking selfies behind the steering wheel, while on Trafalgar Road.”
This incident fittingly happened during Canada Road Safety Week, which runs from May 14 to May 20.
11 years ago when I started, I could have never predicted that their would come a day when I would write ‘Driver was making duck lips while taking selfies behind the steering wheel, while on Trafalgar Road’ in my ticket notes. Today was the day it happened. #CanadaRoadSafetyWeek pic.twitter.com/cMlQvgqH4b— Cst. Marc Taraso (@MT9345) May 19, 2019
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Driver Caught Lighting a Joint on the Road in Oakville
- Driver Ticketed in Oakville for Eating Poutine While on the Road
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- Driver Charged After Going More Than 70 Over the Speed Limit in Oakville
- Halton Police Charges G2 Driver With "No Muffler" In Oakville