Police Stop Driver Taking Selfies Behind the Wheel in Oakville
A Halton Police officer issued an unusual ticket on Saturday, according to a recent tweet from Cst. Marc Taraso.
Taraso stopped a distracted driver on Saturday, May 18 on Trafalgar Road in Oakville.
Taraso says he wrote on the ticket: “Driver was making duck lips while taking selfies behind the steering wheel, while on Trafalgar Road.”
This incident fittingly happened during Canada Road Safety Week, which runs from May 14 to May 20.
11 years ago when I started, I could have never predicted that their would come a day when I would write ‘Driver was making duck lips while taking selfies behind the steering wheel, while on Trafalgar Road’ in my ticket notes. Today was the day it happened. #CanadaRoadSafetyWeek pic.twitter.com/cMlQvgqH4b— Cst. Marc Taraso (@MT9345) May 19, 2019
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Police Searching For Missing Man Last Seen in Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Two Suspects Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- Driver Caught Lighting a Joint on the Road in Oakville
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- Oakville Police Officer Frustrated By Bizarre Distracted Driving Incidents in Halton
- Driver Caught Going Insane Speed on Residential Street in Oakville
- Driver Arrested Following Road Rage Incident