Police Warning of Bomb Threats in Halton
Halton Regional Police said they have responded to several unfounded reports of bomb threats.
According to police, these threats come via email demanding a payment in bitcoin.
We have responded to several email bomb threats, similar to those experienced across the nation today. The unfounded email threats have demanded a bitcoin payment.— Halton Police (@HaltonPolice) December 13, 2018
If you have received such a threat, don’t respond to the bitcoin demand. Pls report by calling 905-878-5511. ^jh
This matter goes beyond Halton Region, as CNN reports of similar bomb threats emailed to dozens of businesses and institutions across the United States.
Police have advised that if you receive a similar email, please do not respond but contact 905-878-5511
- All Lanes Closed On Highway 401 In Halton Due To Collision
- Here Is Why The Weather May Ruin Your Long Weekend Plans
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- Police Looking for Woman Last Seen in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.7 Mil Oakville Home With Spacious Master Bedroom
- Man Arrested for Bomb Threats Against Toronto Pearson Airport
- Reports of Threats at Burlington High School are False: Police
- Bomb Threat Being Investigated by Police at Oakville School
- Here's What Happened With Threats at a Burlington High School
- Police Investigate Social Media Threats at a Burlington High School