Police Working to Combat Street Racing and Aggressive Driving in Halton
Halton Police have been working to combat street racing and aggressive driving in the region.
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) is part of the Joint ERASE (Eradicate Racing Activity on Streets Everywhere) committee. The committee, as noted in a recent press release, which consists of several police services in the GTA, works to target street racing and aggressive driving in local communities.
And on June 28, 2019, Halton police officers, along with Peel Police officers, and the OPP targeted aggressive driving in the region.
As a result, more than 100 charges were laid.
The charged that were laid, as noted in the release, are as follows.
- 114 provincial offence notices were issued
- 11 summonses issued
- Four criminal charges laid
- Two drivers were charged with stunt driving and had their vehicles and driving licences seized for seven days. These drivers were caught operating their vehicles at 57km/h and 70km/h over the posted speed limit.
- One driver had their licence suspended for three days after failing a road side screening test
- Two drivers were arrested and charged for impaired operation. Both had their vehicles seized and their driver’s licence suspended for 90 days
- One driver was arrested for being in possession of a weapon
Halton Police, along with other services across the GTA, will continue to target aggressive driving.
Members of the public are encouraged to report street racing and aggressive driving whenever they see it.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Here's How Many Street Racing Charges Were Laid in Halton
- Halton Police Lay Staggering Number of Charges During Street Racing Blitz
- Here’s How Halton Officers are Working to Reduce Aggressive Driving
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
- Drivers Caught Street Racing in Burlington