Popular Bakery is Opening its New Burlington Location Soon
We really love a small business success story from the Hammer … and its current Burlington bakery is about to double in size.
There’s nothing but love for this little shop on Guelph Line location.
And now we’re hearing the new Burlington Mall digs are getting ready for a spring debut, by the end of April.
It’s part of the mall’s massive $60 million redevelopment.
Denninger's currently has six retail locations (the head office is on King St.), a manufacturing plant, and a warehouse employing approximately 300 people across Southern Ontario.
The majority of items aren't made in-house ... there's a table of bread - in baskets - which are freshly baked.
We love the Pumpkin Filone artisan bread, which is great for a sandwich or a midnight snack.
It's made with pumpkin puree and pumpkin seeds, or pepitas.
There's also a small display case with goodies, such as the yummy, savoury Spinach Feta butter pastry (the Tomato Olive one tastes like a mini-pizza!).
While you're there, try the $1.99 Strawberry Cheese Croissant, Sweet Cheese Croissant, Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish, and the cookies -- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk go for $0.99 apiece.
This store has been going strong for 60 years and shows no signs of slowing down.
We’ll keep you posted with an opening date.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic