Popular Food Delivery Service Launches in Oakville and Burlington
Another touch of urban life is coming to Halton.
If there's one thing some Halton residents envy, it's the average Torontonian's ability to order restaurant food directly to their door using a multitude of apps. We might have Skip The Dishes, but we don't have Ritual (which doesn't do home delivery, to be fair) or Foodora.
Now, however, we have DoorDash.
DoorDash, another tech company connecting customers with local restaurants through door-to-door delivery, just announced it’s expanding in the Greater Toronto Area, delivering from more than 1,000 local restaurants.
DoorDash currently operates in more than 600 cities across North America.
Starting now, DoorDash will be available across the Halton and Peel regions in Greater Toronto, meaning it's now available in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, and Burlington.
Oakville and Burlington residents can order DoorDash between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. from a vast selection of local favourites.
Delivery fees at launch will range from free to $2.99.
To celebrate the launch, DoorDash will be delivering 100 free cheesecakes from the Mississauga-based Supermoon Japanese Cheesecakes on March 7.
DoorDash also says customers can get $10 off an order of $20 or more with promo code DASHGTA (valid until March 31).
“The Greater Toronto Area has been highly requested for a while now, and given the success in other Canadian markets it only made sense to expand to the area,” said Tony Xu, CEO, and co-founder of DoorDash. “Not only are we thrilled to launch in the GTA, we are also sharing the love by expanding to Vaughan, Markham, Scarborough, and Richmond Hill as well in March.”
The app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- Here's How You Can Get Cheap Burger Deliveries This Week in Halton
- Dozens of Halton restaurants offering takeout and delivery service during coronavirus outbreak
- KFC partnering with Google for new food-delivery service
- Major Company Offering Same Day Grocery Delivery
- Food delivery services brace for COVID-19 with non-contact options and sanitizer