Popular Italian Restaurant Closes in Burlington
Bad news, everyone … a popular Italian restaurants in Burlington has officially closed.
We’ve confirmed that the operators have shut down its only location in the city, however, the Richmond Hill location remains open.
From steak to pasta to Arugula & Prosciutto pizza (with provolone, mozzarella, and friulano — yum), Fraticelli’s Italian Bar & Grill served it all.
The Appleby Line spot, near Upper Middle Rd. was in a busy plaza with a Turtle Jack’s across the parking lot.
Favourite dishes included the Gnocchi Quattro Cheese, pan-seared and tossed in a creamy sauce with roasted cherry tomatoes.
And we can’t forget the giant - and fun - homemade meatball in pomodoro sauce.
Finally, RIP Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Cake. It sounded dry on the dessert menu but you were surprisingly nice and creamy.
Fraticelli’s is owned by Tortoise Restaurant Group, which also oversees The Coop Wicked Chicken and Turtle Jack’s.
At this time, it’s unclear if they’re planning to re-open another restaurant in this spot.
We’ll keep you posted with any new developments.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Motorcyclist Pronounced Dead After Serious Crash in Burlington
- Here's How the Toronto Raptors Celebrated Their Championship Win
- Police Asking For Public's Assistance To Locate Missing 11-Year-Old Girl
- Driver Pronounced Dead After Serious Collision In Burlington