Popular Magazine Gives Oakville Very Prestigious Honour
If you love living in Oakville (and a lot of people most certainly do), you’re not alone—a popular magazine has officially declared it a Canadian gem.
The Town of Oakville recently announced it was named the “best place to live in Canada” by MoneySense magazine.
As for what put it over the the top, the town gets top marks for access to education, a good job market and being a welcoming place for new Canadians.
“In a ranking of 415 municipalities, MoneySense Magazine has named the Town of Oakville as the best place to live in Canada,” the town wrote in a recent news release, adding that the online magazine’s rankings are based on the economy, affordability, safety and culture of each municipality, as well as access to health care services, transit and schools.
“Council is extremely proud our town is being recognized on the national stage,” said Mayor Rob Burton. “Being named the No. 1 Best Place to Live in Canada is an honour we - residents, town staff and Council - have truly earned together as a community.”
This makes five years in a row that Oakville has made it into the top 20 best places to live.
Here’s why MoneySense says Oakville takes the top spot:
- Oakville residents enjoy access to Toronto’s strong job market while maintaining the benefits of a smaller town feel
- It is prosperous, but affordable
- It is safe, yet easy to get around
- It has the type of weather that draws you outdoors to its numerous parks, trails and bike paths
- In addition to placing first overall, Oakville scored high in a number of other categories including best city for new Canadians (first place), best city to retire (second place) and best city to raise a family (fifth place).
What’s your favourite thing about living in Oakville?
Cover photo courtesy of Downtown Oakville’s official Facebook page