Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
It’s a sad day for Oakville foodies. A popular restaurant in town recently announced that it has temporarily shut down following a kitchen fire.
Recently, the Kerr Village BIA took to Twitter to announce that The Gingerman Social Eatery will be closed until further notice.
We are sad to report that The Gingerman Social Eatery, located at 335 Kerr Street will be closed until further notice. We will rally together as the amazing tight knit community we are and ensure that they come back stronger than ever!https://t.co/xcw9xUUZLQ pic.twitter.com/dvKtcb6ryp— KerrVillageBIA (@KerrVillageBIA) June 25, 2019
The popular restaurant is located at 335 Kerr St.
And the restaurant recently took to their own Instagram page to announce its temporary closing.
“Dear friends, family and customers, as you may be aware there has been a fire at the restaurant that will close our doors until further notice,” reads the post. “No one was inside the building at the time of the fire.”
The restaurant continued to explain that there is no exact timeline regarding their reopening, however, according to the Instagram post, it may take anywhere from two to four months.
“Thank you for the support and loyalty over the last eight years and we look forward to serving you again soon,” reads the post. “During our renovation phase we encourage everyone to visit our other location [The Boot Social Pizzeria], located 5 minutes up the street at 579 Kerr St.”
View this post on Instagram
Dear friends, family and customers, as you may be aware there has been a fire at the restaurant that will close our doors until further notice. No one was inside the building at the time of the fire. Thank you for the support and loyalty over the last eight years and we look forward to serving you again soon. During our renovation phase we encourage everyone to visit our other location @thebootsocialpizzeria , located 5 minutes up the street at 579 Kerr St. While we don’t have an exact timeline at this stage, we can roughly estimate a 2-4 month timeline to reopen. Like you, we too are anxious for the restaurant to be reopened. We will be posting updates as they become available.
According to the Oakville Fire Department, the fire occurred on June 25, 2019.
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants
- These Places are Considered the Most Welcoming in Canada
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- This Cookie Dough Café Has Come to Oakville
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Milton Fire Department Investigating Fire at Daisy Mart Convenience Store
- Halton Fire Department Respond To Fire At A Residence In Oakville
- This Popular Burlington Restaurant Recently Closed its Doors
- This Oakville Eatery Recently Closed its Doors
- Halton Fire Department On Scene At Truck Fire At Building In Oakville