Popular Restaurant Closes in Oakville
If you have a thing for small plates - or sangria - you’re about to catch a case of the feels.
A popular downtown Oakville restaurant has closed its doors for good.
Fuego Tapas Bar opened at 151 Lakeshore Rd. E., near Thomas St. in Dec. 2016. A media event was held on Feb. 28, serving up bites including crispy duck breast, cauliflower puree, and figs with Manchego cheese and bacon.
The Spanish resto was created by chef and owner Stephanie Brewster, the first Chopped Canada champion. (She’s also known for schooling young chefs at Fanshawe College in London).
But here’s some good news: Fans of Brewster’s deliciously creative concoctions can find her across the street at Julia’s.
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- Police Warning Residents About Suspicious Vehicle in Milton
- One Male in Custody After Terrorizing Family in Oakville
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- One Male in Custody Following Incident at Oakville School