Popular Restaurant Closes in Oakville
If you have a thing for small plates - or sangria - you’re about to catch a case of the feels.
A popular downtown Oakville restaurant has closed its doors for good.
Fuego Tapas Bar opened at 151 Lakeshore Rd. E., near Thomas St. in Dec. 2016. A media event was held on Feb. 28, serving up bites including crispy duck breast, cauliflower puree, and figs with Manchego cheese and bacon.
The Spanish resto was created by chef and owner Stephanie Brewster, the first Chopped Canada champion. (She’s also known for schooling young chefs at Fanshawe College in London).
But here’s some good news: Fans of Brewster’s deliciously creative concoctions can find her across the street at Julia’s.
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Trudeau announces millions in funding for women's shelters and sexual assault centres