Popular Restaurant Officially Moves to New Location in Oakville
A popular restaurant that managed to generate a sizeable following over the years has officially moved to its brand new, permanent Oakville location.
So hopefully you aren’t still full from all those Christmas and holiday dinners?
The Firehall Cool Bar Hot Grill - which was attached to Bronte Village Mall - has relocated to 2390 Lakeshore Rd. W., where Taste Marketeria was set up.
A grand opening is in the works, said Catch Hospitality Group president Doug Greco.
Taste’s bistro and market closed on Oct. 13, 2017.
It was also owned by Catch Hospitality and offered a bakery/cafe, deli area, and fresh items such as burgers, sandwiches, soup, and fries.
Management acquired the Taste property because “we always had a demolition clause” in the Bronte Village Mall contract, Greco previously told inhalton.com.
Crombie REIT -- it’s a subsidiary of Sobeys Stores -- acquired the mall in spring 2016 and plans for the mall’s redevelopment are moving forward.
Catch Hospitality also bought the Bronte Spins Plus Laundromat located behind Taste to create the new space, where you’ll find familiar red seating.
It’s airy and filled with fun, fire-related items.
The menu offers some classics, including the Taste Burger.
Among the starters …
Crispy Fried Pickles and Quesadillas with BBQ chicken (double-yum!).
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- City of Burlington cancels all programs through June amid COVID-19 outbreak