Popular Salad Product Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
If you enjoy eating salad, you might want to double-check your fridge. A recall for certain salad products is in effect.
Fresh Taste Produce Ltd. has issued a recall of 794 G (28 OZ) Eat Smart brand: Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Bag kits, due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
The recall is in effect in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec.
Consumers should not consume the recalled products, which have an expiry date of July 17, 2019, identified on them.
This recall was a result of a Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products as well.
At this point, there have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
CFIA advises anyone who thinks they became sick from consuming the recalled product should call a doctor. Recalled products should either be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, seniors and people with weakened immune systems are at a higher risk. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
Photos courtesy of CFIA.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Halton Due to Possible Contamination
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Beef Product Sold at Oakville Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
- Popular Chicken Nuggets Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Potentially Dangerous Dairy Product Being Recalled from Oakville Store