Popular Splash Pad Reopens in Oakville
An Oakville splash pad and playground are now open, just in time for the last few glorious weeks of summer.
The splash pad replacement at Munn’s Creek Park is complete.
“As part of our annual rehabilitation program, Munn's Creek was up for renewal,” said Town of Oakville spokesperson Gisele Shaw.
The existing splash pad reached the end of its useful life cycle.
The new splash pad features a grasslands/wetland theme and includes water features suited to all ages of children.
As part of the planned improvements, the old splash pad area was going to be removed and replaced with a new seating area and shade structure.
The splash pad didn’t open last spring.
“Contractors mobilized on site the last week of April,” said Shaw.
Repairs cost taxpayers roughly $425,000.
“This included removal of old splash pad area, construction of new splash pad, new shade structure and related paving and landscaping, ” said Shaw, noting the new playground, which was also just completed, is part of a separate contract.
The park is at 153 River Oaks Blvd. W.
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- New airline regulations mandate compensation for Canadians