Potential gas leak being investigated after vehicle hits residence in Oakville
Officers, paramedics, and Oakville Fire are on scene for a potential gas leak in Oakville this evening.
Around 10:40 pm, police reported that a vehicle mounted the curb and struck a residence near Taunton Road and Gatwick Drive, west of Glenashton at Trafalgar.
The driver was removed from the vehicle by fire crews and is uninjured, police say. There are no other passengers.
Officers are on foot in the area investigating a potential gas leak after the residence was struck.
Emergency services personnel are working to secure the area and road closures are expected.
Residents are asked to avoid the area until further notice.
All evacuated residents have been returned to their homes and roads have been reopened.
Police remain at the scene investigating the collision but say there is no danger to the public.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Man dead after driving stolen vehicle into Milton pond: Halton Police
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Road closed after vehicle drives off roadway into water in Milton
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely