PRESTO Devices and Services to be Removed From These Oakville Locations
If you're an active PRESTO user in the Town of Oakville there are some upcoming changes you'll want to be aware of.
PRESTO devices and services are being removed from a few locations in the town.
What locations exactly?
According to a recent news release, in the spring of this year, Oakville Transit will be removing PRESTO devices and services from library branches and community centre locations.
This change will effective as of May 1, 2019.
According to the Oakville Public Library, PRESTO services will still be available at Oakville Transit, Town Hall, GO stations and all eight Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Oakville.
"With PRESTO services now available at all eight Shoppers Drug Mart locations across town these changes will allow Oakville Transit to make better use of its financial resources," Barry Cole, Director of Oakville Transit, said in a statement.
"In addition to the Shoppers Drug Mart locations, PRESTO services will remain at Town Hall, Oakville Transit, and at the GO Stations. Customers also have the option of managing their PRESTO card accounts online or with the newly released PRESTO mobile app.”
For a full list of service locations, visit the Town of Oakville's PRESTO page.
What do you think of these changes?
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers