Prime Minister Justin Trudeau self-isolating after wife experiences flu-like symptoms
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has decided to self-isolate out of an “abundance of caution” due to his wife, Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau’s, recent flu-like symptoms.
In a statement that’s being shared widely on social media, the Prime Minister’s Office says that Gregoire-Trudeau began exhibiting “flu-like symptoms” such as a low fever late last night (March 12). Gregoire-Trudeau recently returned from a speaking engagement in London, England.
The PMO says Gregoire-Trudeau immediately sought medical advice and is being tested for COVID-19. The statement says she is self-isolating at home and awaiting test results. Her symptoms have reportedly subsided.
The PMO says that while a doctor has advised Prime Minister Trudeau to continue daily activities while self-monitoring, he has opted to work from home in isolation while awaiting Gregoire-Trudeau’s test results.
Trudeau is not experiencing any symptoms at this time, according to the statement.
The PMO says Trudeau will spend the day in briefings, phone calls and virtual meetings from home. He will also speak with other world leaders and join the special COVID-19 cabinet committee discussion.
UPDATE: Federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh has also announced that he is staying home due to an illness that doctors do not believe is COVID-19. He says he is staying home to err on the side of caution.
Friends, I am at home today, feeling unwell.— Jagmeet Singh (@theJagmeetSingh) March 12, 2020
I have been in contact with a doctor and they do not believe I have symptoms consistent with COVID19. But their advice is for me to limit contact with the public until I am feeling better.
- Young Oakville man dead following incident at Balls Falls in Lincoln
- Toy store with locations throughout the GTA files for bankruptcy
- Police responding to person in crisis in Oakville
- Burlington mayor and councillor propose mandatory mask bylaw
- House of the Week: 6 beds and 6 baths in South Oakville
- Sophie Grégoire Trudeau tests positive for COVID-19
- Prime Minister Trudeau to give update in Ottawa on COVID-19 Saturday
- Trudeau, G20 leaders to confer on international response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Trudeau sees travel between PM’s ‘cottages’ as trips between work and home
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos