Rain Ruins Outdoor Fun Across Halton
It’s raining, it’s pouring … which means fun must be had indoors in Oakville, Burlington and Milton on Thursday.
A severe thunderstorm watch has ended for Halton, Environment Canada reported at 10:43 a.m.
Nonetheless, all grass sports fields, including baseball diamonds, in Oakville and Burlington are closed today.
But athletes getting their sweat on at locations with artificial turf are good to go, though.
The outdoor pool at Milton’s Rotary Park is closed for the day.
Down in Burlington, outdoor pools are closed today, however, the free outdoor swim at Centennial Pool is still scheduled from 1:30 p.m. until 3 p.m.
Mountainside Pool and Splash Pad, Nelson Pool and Splash Pad, and LaSalle Wading Pool and Splash Pad will re-open on Friday as per regular schedule, said city spokesperson Sharon Will.
Thursday’s predicted high is 22 C and is expected to feel like 27 C with the humidity.
Tonight will see a 30 per cent chance of showers.
UPDATE: Burlington’s Movies Under the Stars screening of Finding Dory is cancelled. Stay tuned for a rain date.
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party