Ready for cannabis edibles to hit Halton?
Now that December is here, cannabis retailers will soon be able to sell cannabis products that can be consumed in ways other than smoking.
Due to regulations passed by the government upon legalization, vapes, concentrates, and edibles were not allowed to be sold until this month.
As a result, many companies are preparing to roll out more cannabis-infused products as they become legal to sell.
Molson-Coors has already announced they will be launching a line of cannabis-infused beverages that will soon be available.
In addition, Aurora Cannabis has announced they will also be coming out with a line of vapes and cannabis-infused edibles which will include mints, chocolates, and gummies among others.
"Aurora's Product Development and Insights teams have done tremendous work to formulate new products in a variety of formats that we think will exceed consumer expectations and drive category growth," Terry Booth, Aurora Cannabis CEO, said in a news release.
"Aurora has built industry-leading cannabis capacity and scalability supported by our consumer research and retail distribution bench strength to launch this next generation of cannabis products into the Canadian market," he continued.
According to Booth, by mid-December, as soon as they become legal to sell, Aurora's new line of edibles will be available to consumers.
"We are ready to ship product as soon as the regulations allow and are excited for consumers and patients to finally have access to a greater selection of product forms. We are already working on expanding the range of new products beyond those that will initially launch," he added.
Cover photo courtesy of Aurora Cannabis
- Oakville man arrested after assault against 18 year old female in Burlington
- Burlington mayor and councillor propose mandatory mask bylaw
- Police searching for missing 17-year-old from Oakville
- House of the Week: 6 beds and 6 baths in South Oakville
- Milton murder victim identified as Brampton teenager
- Molson Coors partners with Hexo to launch cannabis-infused beverages
- Cannabis bath salts and body butter? Ontario officially expands product line
- Cannabis edibles are now legal throughout Canada
- Here's When You'll be Able to Purchase Cannabis Edibles in Halton
- Cannabis retailers now permitted to provide delivery and curbside pick-up options