Renovations, additions will close popular Milton park until next winter
Published May 8, 2023 at 10:50 am
A Milton park will be closed for the summer and fall as it undergoes a significant facelift.
Chris Hadfield Park, located on the northwest corner of Martin St. and Steeles Ave. and which also contains the Milton Visitor Information office, will be closed to the public as it undergoes construction.
Construction is scheduled to begin in mid-May and will be completed this winter, dependent on many factors including weather.
In 2022, the Town of Milton engaged the community to determine which park enhancements to focus on.
Key park improvements include:
- Addition of new picnic and seating areas
- Addition of new shade shelter
- Upgrades to existing shade shelter
- Addition of park pathways
- Replacement of building sewer system
- Resurfacing of parking areas
- Addition of new trees and shrubs
For more information on the Town’s efforts to improve residents’ experiences at local parks, visit their website.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising