Residents asked to provide direction and guidance about Town of Milton’s long-term plans
Published April 11, 2023 at 10:45 am
As the Town of Milton continues to look towards the future, residents are being asked to help provide guidance and direction.
We Make Milton is the new Official Plan project that will manage growth and development in the community to the year 2051.
And right now, the Town is seeking public input on transportation-related topics to inform the review and update of the Official Plan that will shape the future of Milton.
This step in the project explores policy options for ‘Moving in Milton’ – transportation topics that affect the lives of residents and address important community issues.
Moving in Milton explores six main topics on moving people and goods in Milton:
- Accessibility, equity and inclusion
- Connectivity, continuity and convenience
- Growth and traffic management
- Moving goods and services
- Rural area
In order to get involved, local residents can visit Let’s Talk Milton to engage in a variety of ways, including:
- Reading the draft background and policy considerations reports
- Completing the survey before May 3
- Attending an information session, online or in person
- Sharing your thoughts on any Official Plan topic any time in the feedback forum
A report with policy recommendations will go to Milton Council for approval in June. Engagement on the remaining We Make Milton policy themes (Working in Milton, Growing in Milton) will occur later this year.
In 2021, Milton Council endorsed a modern, forward-looking land-use vision for the new Official Plan that reflects the diverse, young and innovative community.
For more information about the Official Plan, visit the Town website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising