Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
Halton Police and Burlington Fire are on scene for a fire this afternoon.
Shortly before noon, police said they were responding to a fully engulfed car fire extending into a townhouse unit at Maple Avenue and Fairview Street.
First officers arrived at the scene and extracted two occupants who were exposed to smoke and flames, police say.
The occupants and officers are all reported uninjured but are being treated for minor smoke inhalation.
The investigation into this incident and the cause of fire is ongoing.
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Ontario set to release data on how many could die of COVID-19
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- Halton reports another 15 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19