Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
Halton Police and Burlington Fire are on scene for a fire this afternoon.
Shortly before noon, police said they were responding to a fully engulfed car fire extending into a townhouse unit at Maple Avenue and Fairview Street.
First officers arrived at the scene and extracted two occupants who were exposed to smoke and flames, police say.
The occupants and officers are all reported uninjured but are being treated for minor smoke inhalation.
The investigation into this incident and the cause of fire is ongoing.
- Vote: Which sculpture should Burlington go with?
- Here's how much car insurance rates will be increasing in 2020
- Pier 1 files for bankruptcy protection, closing all Canadian stores
- Catholic teachers to resume bargaining, but plan more strikes
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon