Restaurant and public pond closed due to watermain break in Burlington
A watermain break has closed a popular restaurant and public pond in Burlington.
The City of Burlington says Burlington's Rotary Centennial Pond and Spencer's at the Waterfront are currently closed due to a watermain break that occurred Sunday evening.
The Rotary Pond will remain closed as crews identify the extent of the damage and work on repairs.
All recreation skating is cancelled until further notice.
Updates will be shared on social media, the city's website and burlington.ca/pond.
"Until we know the extent of the damage, there will be no skating at the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond. We are working quickly to identify and fix the problem and are hopeful to be operational as soon as possible," Rob Axiak, Manager of Recreation Services, said in a statement.
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Burlington City Council votes to modify parks and beach operations amid COVID-19