Ribfest Takes Over Oakville This Weekend
Carnivores and barbecue enthusiasts, rejoice -- Ribfest returns to Oakville on Friday.
Oakville Family Ribfest is taking place at Sheridan College's Trafalgar Rd. campus, will see an array of ribbers and beer tents, plus live music, artists, crafters, an amusement park, an Indigenous tent and activities.
Featured ribbers include: Jack the Ribber, Tennessee Fatbacks, Bad Wolf BBQ, RD's Southern BBQ, Route 55, the Hogfather, Brick Yard BBQ, Boss Hog’s Smokin’ Chophouse, and the Crazy Canuck.From award-winning ribs to jam-packed musical performances, there's something for everyone. Beef and pork ribs are on the menu (some of the sauces used are gluten-free), as well as chicken (including halal), corn-on-the-cob, potatoes, blooming onions, doughnuts, funnel cakes, BeaverTails, popcorn, ice cream, Tiny Tom Donuts (!!!) and candy.
There’s also an artisan market featuring crafts and (you guessed it) art.The three-day event is billed as Oakville's largest outdoor summer festival, attracting roughly 30,000 people.Admission is $2; donations are distributed to various local and international charities.
The playzone - for little kids up to teens - is free and will feature a Spiderman attraction, crafts, and a bouncy castle.
Local robotics teams will be demonstrating their scientific know-how, while a balloon clown will entertain tiny ones.
Various Disney princesses will be making their way throughout the festival, too.
The event is rain or shine.Remember to bring cash!
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Halton Police catch vehicle illegally passing school bus
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Charges laid in Oakville labour trafficking investigation: Halton Police
- Three arrested after robbery suspects ram cruiser: Halton Police
- PHOTOS: Three people arrested after vehicle strikes police cruiser in Burlington parking lot