R.I.D.E. Out in Full Force for St. Patrick's Day Weekend in Halton
If you have big St. Patrick’s Day plans this weekend, you should be aware that R.I.D.E. will be out in full force.
Halton police announced that Reducing Impaired Driving Everywhere (R.I.D.E.) checks will be conducted over the St. Paddy’s Day weekend.
Police advise that residents drink responsibly and take an alternate mode of transportation (such as a taxi or bus) if they can’t safely operate a vehicle.
Anyone drinking this weekend is advised to pick a designated driver, or DD, and ensure he or she doesn’t slip and drink too much (and if he or she does, they recommend calling a cab).
It’s true that impaired driving is one of the leading causes of criminal death in Canada, according to police.
Anyone who sees an impaired driver is asked to call police as soon as they can do so safely.
Stay safe and have a great St. Paddy’s weekend, everyone!
Halton Regional Police photo
- Halton Police Cracking Down on Impaired Drivers in Holiday RIDE
- Halton Hills Transport Truck Driver Accused of Impaired Driving
- 'Significant' Spike in Impaired Driving Cases in 2017: Halton Police
- Police Conducting Major Boating Blitz This Weekend in Halton
- Halton Police Arrest Person For Impaired Driving