Road Closures During Appleby Line Street Festival
Festival season is almost over but there is still time to head to an event.
The 7th annual Appleby Line Street Festival in Burlington is happening this weekend on Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018.
The festival will take place from 1 to 5 p.m. and is in partnership with The Amazing Bed Race.
Before heading out, event-goers may want to be aware of some road closures happening due to the festival.
According to the city, road closures are as follows:
- Appleby Line, between New Street and Fairview Street, will be closed to traffic from 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Traffic on New Street will be detoured to Walkers Line or Burloak Drive.
- Traffic on Fairview Street will be detoured to Walkers Line.
Parking restrictions according to the city are as follows:
- Do not park in restricted areas.
- Parking is available at the Appleby Line GO Station lot.
The city says emergency services access will be maintained at all times in the event area.
The city also says that road closures will be managed under the supervision of the Halton Regional Police Service.
For more information, contact the event liaison at the City of Burlington at 905-335-7600, ext. 7201 or visit www.applebylinestreetfestival.ca
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Two Burlington Residents Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- An Ice Cream-Themed Installation is Coming to Mapleview Centre in Burlington