Road Closures in Effect During Oakville Half Marathon
Residents should be aware of some road closures during an upcoming event in Oakville.
The 2019 Nutrience Half Marathon will be starting Sunday morning (October 6) at 7:30 a.m.
As a result, the following roads will be closed at the specified times:
- Lakeshore Road East from Burloak Drive to Great Lakes Boulevard from 6-8 a.m.
- Lakeshore Road East from Great Lakes Boulevard to Bronte Road from 6-11 a.m.
- Bronte Road from Lakeshore Road East to Ontario Sttreet from 6-11 a.m.
- Ontario Street from Bronte Road to East Street from 6-11 a.m.
- East Street from Marine Drive to Ontario Street 6-11 a.m.
- Lakeshore Road East from Third Line to Dorval Drive 6-11 a.m.
- Suffolk Road from Rebecca Street to Lakeshore Road East 6-11 a.m.
Detour routes in the Bronte area include Mississaga Street (northbound only), Great Lakes Boulevard, Bronte Road, Third Line, Rebecca Street.
Additionally, parking restrictions in the Bronte area will be enforced between 12:01 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, marked by "No Parking Special Event" signs.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Four Burlington residents test positive for COVID-19, bringing Halton total to 25
- Oakville firefighter tests positive for COVID-19
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely