Road Closures to Watch Out For During NBA Viewing Parties in Burlington
In case you missed the news, the city of Burlington is holding viewing parties for residents to watch the Toronto Raptors take on the Golden State Warriors in the NBA finals.
The first took place downtown at the Civic Square on Thursday, May 30 and was attended by more than 2000 fans.
For game 2, as well as games 5, 6, and 7 (if needed), residents should be aware that Brant Street will be closed from James to Elgin Street.
The closure will be in effect one hour before the viewing parties begin until shortly after each game ends.
These are the currently known dates and locations for each game’s viewing party:
Game 2: Sunday, June 2: Civic Square 7:30 p.m.
Game 3: Wednesday, June 5: Central Park Bandshell 8:30 p.m. (no road closures)
Game 4: Friday, June 7: Location to be determined. 8:30 p.m.
Game 5: Monday, June 10. Viewing party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Game 6: Thursday, June 13. Viewing party begins at 8:30 p.m.
Game 7: Sunday, June 16. Viewing party begins at 7:30 p.m.
Photo courtesy of The Raptors on Twitter
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton
- Here’s Where the Rest of the NBA Final Viewing Parties Will be Held in Burlington
- Burlington’s Burlassic Park is Changing Locations for Tonight’s NBA Final Game
- NBA Finals to be Shown at Civic Square in Downtown Burlington
- PHOTOS: Here’s What Burlington’s Civic Square Looked Like During the Toronto Raptors Game
- PHOTOS: Burlassic Park Returned to Civic Square in Burlington for Game 5 of the NBA Finals