Rollover Closes Major Milton Road
Halton Police are currently at the scene of a collision between a car and transport truck that resulted in the truck rolling over.
This crash occurred at 4 a.m. on Regional Road 25 (a.k.a. Highway 25) just north of #5 Side Road on the Milton/Halton Hills town line.
There were minor injuries sustained by the transport driver who has been transported to hospital as a precaution.
Two occupants of the car were uninjured but checked out by paramedics as a precaution.
The truck was carrying 32 tonnes of flour. It will take several hours to offload the flour before recovery efforts to upright the transport can be made.
Police will be re-opening the road for the morning rush so commuters should only be minimally affected however, some lanes may be closed later in the morning as recovery efforts begin.
UPDATE: Both northbound and southbound lanes on Highway 25 have been temporarily re-opened for morning rush commuters.
Halton police anticipate partial and full lane closures later in the morning as recovery efforts get underway.
UPDATE: The southbound lane has reopened.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Police Say Car Thieves are Targeting SUVs in Oakville