Rollover Closes Major Milton Road
Halton Police are currently at the scene of a collision between a car and transport truck that resulted in the truck rolling over.
This crash occurred at 4 a.m. on Regional Road 25 (a.k.a. Highway 25) just north of #5 Side Road on the Milton/Halton Hills town line.
There were minor injuries sustained by the transport driver who has been transported to hospital as a precaution.
Two occupants of the car were uninjured but checked out by paramedics as a precaution.
The truck was carrying 32 tonnes of flour. It will take several hours to offload the flour before recovery efforts to upright the transport can be made.
Police will be re-opening the road for the morning rush so commuters should only be minimally affected however, some lanes may be closed later in the morning as recovery efforts begin.
UPDATE: Both northbound and southbound lanes on Highway 25 have been temporarily re-opened for morning rush commuters.
Halton police anticipate partial and full lane closures later in the morning as recovery efforts get underway.
UPDATE: The southbound lane has reopened.
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- UPDATE: Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for all of Halton
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington