Roof-Top Break and Enters on the Rise in Halton
Roof-top break and enters seem to be on the rise in Halton.
The Halton Regional Police, along with other police services, have been experiencing a rise of roof-top commercial break and enters into various retail businesses.
According to police, since Oct. 4 there have been 13 reported entries or attempted entries between Halton, Peel, York, Waterloo and Hamilton.
Police say, investigators from the involved police services have identified three people who are allegedly responsible for many of these entries.
On Nov. 12 Halton Regional Police investigators arrested three men and executed three search warrants on homes and a rental car that resulted in the seizure of stolen property, break and enter tools, and a large quantity of cash, police say.
According to police, Armend Hyseni, a 25-year-old from Hamilton, and Flamur Haziri, a 30-year-old from Kitchener, are both charged with six counts of alleged break and enter.
Police say, Milaim Branton, a 34-year-old from Hamilton, is charged with six counts of alleged break and enter and one count of alleged possession of break-in instruments.
All three men were released on a promise to appear with an undertaking and will appear in Milton Court on Dec. 12, according to police.
It is unknown whether there are others involved, or if additional charges will be laid. As a result, the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Clay Gillis the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau - Commercial Crime Team at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2307.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca .
- Major Road In Burlington To Be Closed For Salamander Migration
- Here's Where You Can Buy a Home if You Make Less Than $50,000 a Year
- Part of Pearson Airport Evacuated Due to Fire
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton – March 10 – 16
- Here’s What’s Happening With the Milton University
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton
- Suspect Arrested Following Residential Break and Enters in Oakville
- Man Charged in Burlington Break and Enters
- Halton Police Arrest One Suspect Following Recent Break and Enters in Burlington and Oakville
- Another Arrest in $2.7M Break and Enter Ring in Halton