SCAM ALERT: Burlington Residents Warned of Latest Scam
Burlington residents are being warned of a scam involving a phone call.
Halton police are warning residents not to schedule appointments for a gas or water inspection if you receive a call from someone purporting to be from the City of Burlington.
The city “doesn’t conduct business this way,” say police.
Reports are continuing to come in from residents receiving calls from someone asking to set up an appointment time to inspect water and gas metres inside their homes.
Residents who have phoned the number displayed on the caller ID say they’ve received a ‘number not in service’ message.
Halton Region and Union Gas have been notified.
Residents are encouraged to visit the city’s website at www.burlington.ca or phone 311 for more information.
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- OPP Warning Drivers Of Traffic Hazard On Highway 401 In Milton
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Collision on the QEW Causing Major Delays in Oakville