SCAM ALERT: Halton Police Warn of Another Fraud
If you have a phone number, you’ll want to read this.
Halton police are warning of a scam involving Milton Hydro.
Here’s the deal.
A phone call is made to a business or restaurant threatening to shut off hydro unless payment is received immediately via prepaid credit cards or gift cards.
But Milton Hydro doesn’t request prepaid credit card payments to avoid shut-off.
Halton Regional Police warns of fraudulent commercial shut-off calls requesting pre-paid credit card payments.— Milton Hydro (@MiltonHydro) May 9, 2018
Please note Milton Hydro does not request pre-paid credit card payments to avoid shut-off.
If you believe you’ve been a target or victim of fraud, report the incident by contacting Halton police and calling the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
Visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre for more information on how to protect yourself.
- What's Open and Closed Thanksgiving Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Beef and veal products recalled due to E. coli
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Burlington on Thanksgiving
- Burlington Liberal Calls Out Conservatives for "Jewish Targeting" Literature
- Rollover collision causing highway delays in Milton