School Bus Driver Shortage Expected in Oakville and Burlington
A school bus driver shortage may complicate things for students heading back to school in Oakville and Burlington in September.
Halton school bus operators have advised Halton Student Transportation Services (HSTS) the possible shortage drivers “could impact school bus operations,” reads an online statement.
“The Halton school bus operators and HSTS have been working diligently on a daily basis to minimize any possible delays that could impact students and families.”
Recruitment efforts are underway.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to sign up for ‘delays and cancellation’ notifications on the HSTS website.
A few thousand students in Toronto were in the same boat in fall 2016, and either arrived at school late or not at all.
- Union warning of looming shortage of school bus drivers
- Halton District School Board Encouraging Students to Walk to School Come September
- Here’s How Halton School Buses Will be Safer in September
- School bus routes cancelled across Ontario as COVID-19 worsens driver shortage
- Poll suggests parents want students to don masks at school in fall