School Bus Driver Shortage Expected in Oakville and Burlington
A school bus driver shortage may complicate things for students heading back to school in Oakville and Burlington in September.
Halton school bus operators have advised Halton Student Transportation Services (HSTS) the possible shortage drivers “could impact school bus operations,” reads an online statement.
“The Halton school bus operators and HSTS have been working diligently on a daily basis to minimize any possible delays that could impact students and families.”
Recruitment efforts are underway.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to sign up for ‘delays and cancellation’ notifications on the HSTS website.
A few thousand students in Toronto were in the same boat in fall 2016, and either arrived at school late or not at all.
- A New Elementary School is Coming to the Town of Oakville
- School Bus Delays to be Aware of in the Halton Region
- Construction of New Halton Schools Causing Concerns Amongst School Board Trustees
- Halton Police Seek Suspicious Man in Minivan at Burlington School
- Construction Has Started for This New Oakville School Building