Second Cup is changing its name
The coffee giant has announced it will be implementing a new operating structure replete with a name change to Aegis Brands.
While the company will be changing its name, Second Cup will still exist as a subsidiary under Aegis Brands.
Steven Pelton, the current CEO of Second Cup will assume the role of CEO for Aegis Brands.
“We created Aegis with the vision of building a portfolio of amazing brands that can grow and flourish with access to our resources and expertise. We are committed to letting each company under the Aegis Brands umbrella operate as an independent brand, and to working with them to provide shared expertis--and shared services--to help them thrive,” Pelton said in a news release.
While Second Cup is currently the only brand operating under the Aegis Brands umbrella, the company intends to acquire other companies that deal in food service, coffee, and cannabis.
In addition to taking over as CEO of Aegis Brands, Pelton will retain his role as President of Second Cup.
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Here’s What you Need to Know About Canada’s Most Trusted Brands
- These are the Brands that Halton Residents Trust the Most
- Some Big Changes are Coming to Designer Brands
- This Popular Coffee Chain in Halton is Converting Stores to Sell Cannabis
- Discover High-End Brands at Heartland Town Centre This Spring