Second Suspect Arrested in Fatal Oakville Shooting
Police have recently made a second arrest following a fatal shooting that claimed an Oakville man’s life.
The incident happened around 11:15 p.m. on July 13 in the area of Rebecca Street, east of Dorval Drive.
Oakville resident Keegan Parkinson, 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.
On August 23, police arrested a 17 year old male in connection to the shooting.
Police arrested a second suspect, also a 17 year old male, on September 12. He is charged with the following offences:
- Obstruct Police
- Public Mischief
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm while Prohibited
- Fail to comply with recognizance
He is scheduled to appear in Milton Court on Thursday, September 13.
The identities of both males are protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with further information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long