Senior Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Burlington
One person has been hospitalized following a collision this morning (Thursday, June 14) in Burlington.
Police responded to the intersection of New Street and Drury Lane after a pick-up truck hit a 94 year old woman in a mobility scooter.
The intersection was closed for five hours for investigation.
According to police, initial investigation suggests that the pick-up truck was making a left turn and struck the pedestrian in the crosswalk.
Paramedics took the victim to Hamilton General Hospital with serious injuries.
The intersection has since reopened and the investigation is ongoing.
Witnesses to this incident are asked to call the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905 825-4747, ext. 5065.
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington