Senior Struck in Burlington Dies of Injuries
A Burlington woman who was struck by a vehicle has been pronounced dead.
The incident happened Thursday morning (June 14) at the intersection of New Street and Drury Lane.
Police believe that the victim, a senior in a mobility scooter, was in the crosswalk when she was hit by a pick-up truck that was making a left turn.
94 year old Burlington woman Maria Richter was taken by paramedics to Hamilton General Hospital with serious injuries.
The victim died in the hospital the following afternoon (Friday, June 15).
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
Any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police are asked to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-825-4747, ext. 5065.
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton