Senior Struck in Burlington Dies of Injuries
A Burlington woman who was struck by a vehicle has been pronounced dead.
The incident happened Thursday morning (June 14) at the intersection of New Street and Drury Lane.
Police believe that the victim, a senior in a mobility scooter, was in the crosswalk when she was hit by a pick-up truck that was making a left turn.
94 year old Burlington woman Maria Richter was taken by paramedics to Hamilton General Hospital with serious injuries.
The victim died in the hospital the following afternoon (Friday, June 15).
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
Any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police are asked to contact the Collision Reconstruction Unit at 905-825-4747, ext. 5065.
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Design of post-CERB benefits could change as pandemic shifts course, minister says
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Interactive map shows how you can support Halton farmers
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton
- Senior Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Burlington
- Pedestrian Struck, Seriously Injured in Burlington
- Police Looking For Witnesses After Cyclist Struck in Oakville
- Witnesses Asked to Come Forward in Burlington Crash
- Police identify woman fatally struck by transport truck in Oakville