Serious Collision in Milton Leaves Two People in Trauma Centres
A serious motor vehicle collision in Milton has left two people in nearby trauma centres.
At approximately 6:55 p.m. yesterday, Nov. 27, Halton Police received multiple calls about a serious motor vehicle collision.
Police say the collision occurred at the intersection of Thompson Road and McCuaig Drive in Milton.
According to police, a 27-year-old Milton woman was driving a white sedan southbound on Thompson Road and struck two pedestrians who were attempting to cross Thompson Road within the crosswalk.
The pedestrians, a 23-year-old Milton woman, and her 14-year-old brother were transported from the scene to nearby trauma centres, according to police.
The female is in serious but stable condition, however, the male is in life-threatening condition, police say.
After this collision, according to police, the southbound vehicle was involved in a minor collision as it was coming to a stop with a mini-van that was attempting to turn south onto Thompson Road from McCuaig Drive.
According to police, the driver and passenger inside the minivan were not injured.
The driver of the southbound car was taken to a local hospital and has since been released, police say.
Police say, due to the extent of the injuries involved, the Collison Reconstruction Unit attended the scene and handled the investigation.
The investigation resulted in the intersection being closed for about three hours.
The causes of both these collisions are unknown at this time.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
Any witnesses are requested to contact Detective Constable Thien-An VU at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington
- Milton Woman Charged After Collision Seriously Injures Two Pedestrians
- UPDATE: Serious Collision in Milton Leaves One Oakville Man in Critical Condition
- Police on Scene for Two Vehicle Collision in Milton
- Part of Major Road Closed for Collision Investigation in Milton
- UPDATE: One Male Dead Following Head-On Collision in Halton Hills