Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401
Residents should be aware of an incident causing highway delays this evening.
At 8:13 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported a serious collision involving up to six vehicles on eastbound Highway 401 approaching Winston Churchill in Mississauga.
Injuries range from minor to serious in nature, Schmidt reports.
All eastbound lanes are closed with only the shoulder open. Delays are also expected on the westbound side potentially due to the distraction.
Emergency crews and paramedics are attending the scene.
More information to come.
UPDATE: One child has been taken to a trauma centre in serious but non-life-threatening condition. Multiple other people are being hospitalized with varying injuries.
Highway 401 remains closed at Trafalgar Road at this time.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- CPA Canada hit by cyberattack, affecting data of more than 329,000 stakeholders
- WATCH: All lanes blocked on Burlington Skyway due to collision