Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401
Residents should be aware of an incident causing highway delays this evening.
At 8:13 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported a serious collision involving up to six vehicles on eastbound Highway 401 approaching Winston Churchill in Mississauga.
Injuries range from minor to serious in nature, Schmidt reports.
All eastbound lanes are closed with only the shoulder open. Delays are also expected on the westbound side potentially due to the distraction.
Emergency crews and paramedics are attending the scene.
More information to come.
UPDATE: One child has been taken to a trauma centre in serious but non-life-threatening condition. Multiple other people are being hospitalized with varying injuries.
Highway 401 remains closed at Trafalgar Road at this time.
- Burlington man charged with trafficking crack cocaine
- Here's what you need to earn to 'live' in Halton
- Don Cherry appears on Fox News to speak out against his firing
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Canada Post urging Halton customers to reset their passwords