Several People Hospitalized After Townhouse Fire in Burlington
Injuries were sustained after a fire broke out this morning in Burlington.
Shortly before 10:00 a.m., police responded to a fire at a townhouse complex on Driftwood Drive, east of Dundas at Guelph Line. Two people were inside the residence at the time.
A 93 year old woman was rescued from the building and is currently in the hospital with life threatening injuries.
Two other occupants sustained minor injuries and were treated at the scene. Additionally, two officers have been hospitalized as a precaution due to smoke inhalation.
Several linked homes were evacuated as a precaution.
While the fire is believed to have originated in a second story bedroom, the cause is unknown. Police are continuing to investigate.
- Book publisher terminates relationship with duo behind Kelly's Bake Shoppe
- House of the Week: 6 beds and 6 baths in South Oakville
- Three Oakville teens arrested following robbery and assault
- Burlington's Walk Off The Earth releases latest viral hit ahead of Canada Day
- Halton Police issue warning after 'intentional collisions' from vehicle thieves